RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

The 2013 NAS Sanford/Heavy Attack/Reconnaissance Attack Reunion

The 2013 NAS Sanford/Heavy Attack/Reconnaissance Attack Reunion

Some have passed but many are still here - the old guard that fought their country's battles and sacrificed.

Men like Commander Don Tise, veteran of  more than 700 carrier landings flying everything from propellor attack aircraft to supersonic reconnaissance jets. Men like Chief Warrant Officer Don "World Famous" Pierce, one of the few enlisted bombardier/navigators who routinely flew in 60,000 pound twin engine jets from postage stamp size carrier decks and who taught future Admirals the skills of the art of aircraft navigation, Men like the enlisted men and Chiefs who worked long hours under difficult and often hazardous conditions to ensure that the aircrews had safe and reliable equipment to fly. The tales  at the bar abound of the bravery and sacrifice of these men - and of those who didn't come back, either killed in action or captured, enduring unspeakable torture at the hands of their barbaric North Vietnamese captors.

Yes, they are all here, these brave and hardy men. The bodies are beginning to fail but the eyes are bright and the minds are as sharp as ever. The joy of rekindling past friendships forged in the bonds of hardship and danger is still evident in the spirit of true shipmates.

Bob (Nasty) Stockton, CPO, U.S. Navy, retiredStockton, CPO, U.S. Navy, retired

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMEN !

And the others that were not invited......just live on....alone.  Hope you all enjoyed being there without the rest of us.

whoa!

The NAS Sanford re-union has been posted since we received the dates under events on this forum. As indicated in the notice it was primary for All personnel station stationed there from 1942 to 1968. However if any squadron personnel that joined the squadron at a later date wanted to go they could of contacted the re-union co-ordinator to see if they could attend.

Sanford Naval Air Station and All Squadrons 1942-1968

June 27, 2013 at 11am to June 30, 2013 at 7pm – Fleet Reserve, 3040 West State Road 46, Sanford Naval Air Station and All Squadrons 1942-1968 45th Annual Reunion Notice June 27th through June 30th, 2013 Hosted by the Fleet Reserve, 3040 West State Road 46, Sanford, Florida, 32771. Phone

If you wanted us, you would have included us.  I asked all the time about the reunion and nothing.  It is okay, 3 steps forward and 1 step back.....for women being included.

Diane, everyone on here (at least i feel this way), wants you included. Like I said before, it is good having your opinion and comments. There are a lot of RVAH people signed up on this site, but only a handful that comment. The more the merrier! Get in touch with former WAVES from H3 and get them to sign up and gang up on us!

I don't really know any female sailors from H3...and other mostly from  Army or other Navy assignments.  But I will keep up the work for all!!

I don't think that invitations are necessary to attend. If you were part of the Vigilante community or the Air Station, or part of the Key West or Albany community you are always welcome to sign up and attend. We'd love to see everyone from this unique Vigilante community.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service