RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

New to the Site so I hope this is an appropriate place to add this.  If not, feel free to move it.

At 71 I am doing what many of you have been doing lately and that is remembering the important times of my life. For several years now I have been thinking of a time when a scared and insecure young boy from a small town in South Georgia with a population of 185 came face to face with the real world and real men who had so much more to offer in life than did I.  My 2 years (65-67) with Heavy-7 didn’t seem to produce much for me in the way it did for most of you. There were only 3 of us in Supply – me, Jerry Pigg who died 2 years ago and Earnie Gowans.  But now as I look back at those 2 years I realize that they were the most important years of my life.  The must be because they are to only 2 that I remember so well and also the two that – still today – brings tears to my eyes when I think of the people we lost during that time and those who I don’t even know who we are losing now because their time on earth is near.  I am proud to be able to say that although I don’t know you that you have been an important part of not only my life but the many lives that served with RVAH-7.  God speed and hopefully one day we can meet on the other side and reminisce about Olangopo and San Maguil beer and find out just how Jerry Pigg never came down with VD.  God bless you all.  Robert L. John Allison – especjohn@gmail.com

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robert . Hi vernon bedell rvah 5 uss ranger 1964 to 1966. Thanks for your remarks.you have brought back a lot of memories, we lost two great pilots over there, they treated us as equals.to this day l still think of them from time to time. I was 19 years old and wondered why we had to lose so meny men
Thanks again for helping me feel a lot better.

Good to hear from you. Where do you live?

RSS

Notes

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Everyone may have noticed that your web browser was forcing you to turn on Flash to see your badge. Adobe is doing away with Flash in a couple months so the Badges function will stop working completely then so we've removed that  feature from the main page.

Created by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1, 2020 at 2:05pm. Last updated by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1, 2020 at 2:02pm. Last updated by Bob Marioni Jul 1.

© 2020   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service