RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Been there  , Seen it higher than that at my old house in NH  Good for a quick grab cold beer , if you remembered where they were in the snow !!!

where's my assult gun?

Believe it or not...when I was living in Michigan being a "SHOP RAT"..meaning we were working WAAAY before those in offices were even up yet...whe it got really bad...I've had supervisors tell us "Hey if you can't make it in tomorrow...don't worry...when the roads get passable then we'll get things goin"...granted Michigan has the equipment to handle most any kind of weather situation..

However here in Texas..when there is snow and ice or any other type of severe weather...even road conditions..some of which you don't find out till your in the middle n can't move...if and when you do make it to work they chew your butt ...Texas weather is not predictable...well with the exception of the HOT summer months..One shop I worked at told us if we wanted we could sleep in the office area..n we're all lookin at each other like W T H???..

"Umm no thanks I'm gonna leave a lil early n if it's still bad in the AM I'll be late"...which prompts the "HUH???" look

Granted in Texas....winters aren't as harsh as some northern states...but Texas doesn't know how to plan for ICE..back  couple weeks there was rain late in the evening...temps went below freezing..on tv and radio announcements were made that trucks were standing by to spread salt/sand combinations on bridges and overpasses...so the next morning there are local weather reporters talking to these crews that are "standing by"...the next report you see is cars spinning out or sliding off the highway....all the time you keep hearing"trucks are standing by"...

RSS

Notes

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Everyone may have noticed that your web browser was forcing you to turn on Flash to see your badge. Adobe is doing away with Flash in a couple months so the Badges function will stop working completely then so we've removed that  feature from the main page.

Created by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1, 2020 at 2:05pm. Last updated by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1, 2020 at 2:02pm. Last updated by Bob Marioni Jul 1.

© 2020   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service