RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

Well if I did this right then all is well, if not, so be it and send me instructions from the BUPERS manual. After all I was a PC on a RA5C pre computer era so dont expect too much. I  arrived in NAS Sanford sometime in the fall of 1967 attached to RVAH-7, loved that place should of stayed there. Did the 68-69 Med cruise, then the Heavies moved to NAS Albany GA. Not my favorite location on this planet but I did like Morris's lounge and the Pine room. From there we were deployed on a West Pac cruise in 69-70.. Discharged in Dec 70. Returned to Akron Ohio, and tried to live a normal life as a machinist. But couldn't contain the wonderlust. 1976 Got Bored and took a job as executive security for the Polictical and Economical advisor to the Sultan of Oman in Wash DC and London. Traveled alot and met some interesting people. Got my wits back in 1978 and returned home. Tried again to maintain some sense of normallacy, but ended up in 1983 on a 47ft sailboat sailing and Diving the Gulf of Siam from Singapore to Bankok (Olongapo to the 10th power). 1985 Once again I returned to Ohio, started a manufacturing company designing and building Tire equiptment. 2003 sold my part of the company, and tried to retire. Lasted 3 years, bought a Freightliner and a 53ft stepdeck and hit our nations highways. That lasted 3 yrs also. I bet my now you can see a pattern developed. The excitement and wonderlust from those days of launching and recovering Viggies could never be equalled! Hang on to those memories shipmates, as for those were dynamic and glorius times. We are the fortunate ones, for we survived, at least physically, Im not to sure about mentally. That brings us to now 3 daughters, 7 grandchildren great wife, but still I know another adventure is out there. that's basically the Readers Digest version of my life to date. Smooth sailing and dont piss in the wind.

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Down the road from the main gate, turn to the right and it was on your left. Anyone that was there in 1969 remember the two girls that hung out there that road M/C's. One was a Red Triumph Bonneville, the other a BSA.

The Triumph was mine before I traded it in. Sweet Sweet Bike.

DAHMN....That's a WHOLE LOTTA...."BEEN THERE DONE THAT"...Welcome Dave...

welcome Dave. you're right....we are the fortunate ones!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service