RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

I will admit I am NOT PROFECIANTLY PROFECIANT when it comes to dealing with TECH SUPPORT...BUT!! I would never be this dumb.

Samsung Electronics
Caller: "Can you give me the extension number for Jack?".
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".
Caller: "On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jac...k?".
---
RAC Motoring Services
Caller: "Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am travelling in Australia?.
Operator: Doesn't the product give you a clue?
---
There was a caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: Woven?. Are you sure?.
Caller: "Yes. That's what it says on the label - Woven in Scotland".
---
Caller: "I'd like the RSPCA please".
Operator: "Where are you calling from?".
Caller: "The living room".
---
On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator: "I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on".
---
Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop".
Customer: "OK".
Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?".
Customer: "No".
Tech Support: "OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?".
Customer: "No".
Tech Support: "OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?".
Customer: "Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click'".
Tech Support: "OK. In the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?".
Customer: "Wow! How can you see my screen from there?".
---
Caller: "I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realised that I need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file back again?".
---
Customer: "I've been ringing 0700 2300 for two days and can't get through to enquiries, can you help?"
Operator: "Where did you get that number from, sir?".
Customer: "It was on the door to the Travel Centre".
Operator: "Sir, they are our opening hours".

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are these people actually licensed drivers ???

I spent nearly 30 years working in a large teaching hospital as the "Technology Resources Coordinator" and I can tell you, people may be smart but a lot of them have no common sense... True story...

A doctor called me up and said that he couldn't get the computer to read his floppy disc and could I come to his office and help him out because he really needed the info that was on the disc. I walked down to his office, took the disc out of the drive, turned it over and reinserted it right side up. Didn't say a word, just clicked on the icon and opened the disc for him. "You're not doing surgery today, are you?" I asked and walked away...

But my favorite is still the VP that called me up and said that he could not get his computer to boot up... "The screen is blank and I don't have any of my icons!"

I asked the usual questions... "Is it plugged in?", "Do you have power in the office" etc... he got testy and finally said, "I don't have time for all these questions, just get over here and see if you can fix it!"

So I did... I walked up to his office, stared at the system for a minute and then reached over and turned the monitor on...

He stared at the desktop with all of his icons on it, and then said, "You're not gonna let me forget this, are you?"

Common sense...

This isn't about computers....but it just goes to show that some peoples elevators DO NOT go all the way up.

I worked a few years as an appliance repair man...

get a call one day...lady says her washer doesn't turn on

So I get to her house..and on the way up the drive way I notice a utility truck from the electric company and a couple of guys working an a "power pole"...

Explained that evidently the reason was the power in THAT area was out was due to the power company changing a trans former out and installing a new one.She asked if I could ask the guy if I could ask the guy to hurry up she had a lot of laundry to do..and  NO I DID NOT

RSS

© 2019   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service