RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

I believe I posed this question before just why is there no records for most of us who went ashore to work on repairs for the aircraft or just be plane capt's aka ground ops people. Don Frederking from RVAH-5  responded to me regarding the same problem back in June 2016. I can remember a jet mech asking the same question a while ago did anyone remember seeing him repairing a engine on the beach in DaNang. Our records do not show any such detachments, I myself had three detachments two to Cubi Point in the P.I. and one to DaNang - no record on the DD-214. My question is where are these records, could they be with squadron records buried with the decommission records ???  If anyone has any ideas please let me know so I can pass it along. Believe me I've been searching for years for the info. Thanks in advance for any help. Be good & take care all.  

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the same problem & unless you have a copy of TAD orders your SOL for there is nothing is service records.

Thanks for the reply Robert ,and " NO" I do not have the TAD orders. Who would think to keep a copy , for the future  you figure your squadron would have kept a copy of the orders since they cut them. I might be SOL like the rest of the other guys in the same situation but I'm still hoping the squadron records have something. Later, be good & take care Bob.

RSS

Notes

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Everyone may have noticed that your web browser was forcing you to turn on Flash to see your badge. Adobe is doing away with Flash in a couple months so the Badges function will stop working completely then so we've removed that  feature from the main page.

Created by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1, 2020 at 2:05pm. Last updated by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Steven R. Ewing Jul 1, 2020 at 2:02pm. Last updated by Bob Marioni Jul 1.

© 2020   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service