RVAHNAVY'S RecceNet

For those who served in the RVAH Community, their families, and friends!

HAVE FUN GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE!!!!!

THIS WAS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT... THE ANSWERS WERE ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE... I REMEMBERED,

BUT...DON'T LOOK BELOW FOR THE ANSWERS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED IT OUT. A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS. 

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind? ________________.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.

03. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.'

04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ___________________.'

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.'

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.'

07. Nestle's makes the very best..... _______________.'

08. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________... '

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &_______________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __________ ______________.

16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?

17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!

18. Who knows what secrets lay in the hearts of men? The _____ Knows!

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". Its name was the ______ ______!

20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as its Logo/Representative. What was the boy’s name? ________

I have the answers...I will post em at a later date

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got em all... but then, my wife says that I'm a veritable vault of useless information...

She thinks that it's strange that I can still sing....

"Seeeeee the USA... In your Chevrolet... America is asking you to call..." in my best Dinah Shore impression...

And that I can still remember...

"Crest has been shown to be an effective decay preventive dentifrice when used in a conscientiously applied program or oral hygiene and regular professional care!"

And....

"Just as I was protected by this invisible shield, Colgate with Gardol forms am invisible protective shield around your teeth..."

And my favorite...

"The armadillo relies on it's armor for protection... YOU can rely on Mutual of Omaha...."

I watched Wayyyyyyyy too much TV as a kid...

Following on down the MEMORY LAME....errrr LANE (damn keyboard)...I now offer:

1960 Hits - Renamed.........

Some of the artists from the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers ...
Who can remember doing the "Limbo" as if it were yesterday! 

They include: 

Bobby Darin's --- "Splish, Splash, I Was Having A Flash!" 

Herman's Hermits ---"Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker!"

Ringo Starr --- "I Get By With A Little Help From Depends!"

The Bee Gees --- "How Can You Mend A Broken Hip?"

Roberta Flack --- "The First Time Ever I forgot Your Face!" 

Johnny Nash --- "I Can't See Clearly Now!"

Paul Simon---"Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver" 

The Commodores --- "Once, Twice, Three times To The Bathroom!"

Procol Harem--- "A Whiter Shade Of Hair!" 

Leo Sayer --- "You Make Me Feel Like Napping!"

The Temptations --- "Papa's Got A Kidney Stone!"

Abba---"Denture Queen!" 

Tony Orlando ---"Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall!"

Helen Reddy --- "I Am Woman; Hear Me Snore!"

Leslie Gore---"It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To!"

And, last, but NOT least, Willie Nelson ---"On the Commode Again!"

Got all of them but #16.

Alrighty folks...some of the most important stuff was left out of that list....so I thunk real hard  and about all I could add to that is...

1.1 pair of jeans was probably @ $5.00 compared to @ $30 and up for the cheap

2.1 pair of tennis shoes was probably @ 5.00 compared to @ 100.00 and up for the cheap

3.1 shirt was probably @ 5.00 compared to @ 50.00 and up for the cheap

The cost of living then compared to today....UNFREAKINBELIEVEABLE

When I was a kid, my Dad was stationed on Okinawa - We lived in Naha and one of the great things about being a kid on Okinawa is that fireworks were readily available. You just had to go out the gate, find the Papa-San's stand that sold fireworks and buy what you wanted... no rules, no laws, no common sense.

One of our favorites were... Crackerballs!! They came in a bag and were hours of fun!

Our favorite thing to do was to tape them to the bottom of the legs on a chair and wait for someone to sit down... or to load them up in our homemade "guns" (a cross between a crossbow and a slingshot consisting of a 2x4, two pieces of innertube rubber and a clothespin) and fire them at the metal doors of the old warehouse that had been converted to a "teen club" for dependents. Made a really loud echoing bang which drove the teenagers crazy...

Ahhhh... the good ole days....

DRUM ROOOOOLLLLLLLLL....The answers

ANSWERS:

01.The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04. To protect the innocent.
05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
07. Chocolate
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
14. Sputnik
15. Hoola-hoop
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
18. Shadow
19. Monster Mash
20. Speedy

Ahhh,,,, Fizzies....

I came from a military family with 6 boys - My Dad taught us some of the finer things in life like how funny farts can be, especially the ones that can clear a room...

And that any burp worth doing is worth doing well...

I discovered Fizzies in elementary school - To be honest, they made a fair "imitation soda" but their real value lay in the ability to generate gas...

Take a whole Fizzie... break it up into smaller pieces and then swallow the pieces... take a drink of water and... wait...

First there's a sense of pending puking but that will pass quickly... that's followed by an uncomfortable feeling of fullness which will also pass very quickly...

You know that feeling you get when you down a beer or a soda too quickly? That feeling of "I need to release this bubble NOW!"

That's what Fizzies swallowed whole will do... and it produces the longest, loudest most intense basso profundo belch I have ever had the pleasure to pass along...

Now, imagine 6 boys ranging in age from 4 years old to 12 years old, and one 40 something Army Lt. Colonel... all eating Fizzies and attempting to burp the entire chorus of "Purple People Eater" ("He was a one eyed, one horned flying purple people eater...") in harmony...

My mother was a saint...

Added note... the residual effects of eating Fizzies whole is that within an hour or so, you could produce those room clearing farts with the added danger of "a fart gone too far"... dangerous things, those Fizzies...

By the way... you can still get Fizxies...

See this website...

http://www.fizzies.com/

Damn, I'd forgotten the fizzies trick. LMAO!!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Bob Marioni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service